Hosts: Randall Harp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kareem Khalifa (email@example.com)
The Department of Philosophy at UVM is proud to sponsor the 2019 Philosophy of Social Science Roundtable.
POSS-RT 2018 will be a joint meeting with ENPOSS in Hannover, August/September 2018, hosted by Uljana Feest
A special session on the Philosophy of Economics, “Ambiguities in Applications of Economic Theory,” has been organized as part of the Philosophy of Science Association’s 2018 meeting, November 1-4. The unifying theme of the session is to expose underlying ambiguities that surface when economists attempt to apply specific concepts or core principles to concrete problems.
- Mary S. Morgan, London School of Economics, “Measuring Umbrella Concepts in the Economic Domain”
- Rebecca Livernois, University of British Columbia, “The Concept of Externality and Epistemic Ascriptions”
- Julian Reiss, Durham University, “In Defense of Alternative Facts”
- D. Wade Hands, University of Puget Sound will chair the session
Be sure to arrive in time for this session! The special sessions will take place on Thursday morning (Nov. 1).
The Philosophy of Social Science Roundtable was established in 1998 to serve as a forum for communication among philosophers and social scientists who share an interest in philosophy of the social sciences. Through annual Roundtable conferences, the publication of an annual Roundtable Issue of Philosophy of the Social Sciences, and an email list, participants engage in discussion of the epistemology, ontology, and methodologies of the social sciences. We invite all interested persons to join this ongoing research dialogue. For more information, see our about page.
Organizers of the Philosophy of Social Science Roundtables are:
- David Henderson, University of Nebraska, Lincoln: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Risjord, Emory University: email@example.com
- Paul A. Roth, University of California, Santa Cruz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Turner, University of South Florida: email@example.com
The Philosophy of Social Science Roundtable maintains close links with the European Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences. Their web page, including information about joint conferences, can be accessed at: www.enposs.eu.